Banco G&T Continental and Universidad Francisco Marroquín sponsor groups of students from grades K-12 so they may visit the Lienzo de Quauhquechollan exhibit, Q5.00 per student in scholar groups. More than 18,000 students have visited the exhibition without charge since it opened in 2007.
The guided tour for students takes one-and-a-half hours. It includes a narrated video that vividly recounts the military campaigns waged during the conquest of Guatemala. The trained guides encourage students to ask questions and to offer their own interpretations of the scenes depicted in the Lienzo.
Free educational handouts
- 6-page, full-color handout with activities for each student to take home
- Each student receives a complete black and white version of the Lienzo to color
- Each class receives a foldout reference guide to theLienzo with explanatory notes
- Each class receives a poster to hang in the classroom
Safety and comfort
This unique field trip is both safe:
- security guards on campus
- closed-circuit security cameras throughout campus
- school buses park inside the campus gates
- easy access to large, clean restrooms
Make a reservation for a school visit
Contact Lilian Alvarado
Telephone (+502) 2338-7959